Thursday, September 17, 2015

¡Mucho Gusto!


Hola todos,

Welcome to the Oaxaca Semester Abroad program! I hope you're all getting excited to go abroad next semester!

For those of you who don't know me, I am the T.A. for the Pre-Departure Orientation course.  This is my third year working with the Oaxaca Semester Abroad program.  To tell you a little about myself, I worked at UVM for a little over two years as an academic advisor for programs such as the Oaxaca Semester Abroad program.  Although I am no longer working full-time at UVM, I am very happy that I still get to work with the Oaxaca program this fall!

I am a big believer in study abroad and think it's one of the most impactful experiences that a student can have.  My first study abroad experience was actually in Mexico.  I was a senior in high school and went on a short-term study abroad trip to Cuernavaca where I got to take language classes at a local language school and explore the city, as well go on excursions to neighboring locations, much like you'll be doing!

I've included a picture of myself at the top of the Pirámide de la Luna in Teotihuacan (the Pirámide del Sol is in the background).

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all this semester as you prepare for your semester in Oaxaca!

Hasta pronto,
Alessandra


No comments:

Post a Comment